During Air Quality Awareness Week, the MPH Student Advisory Board will provide free events for members of the Flint community, who have been impacted greatly by inequitable environmental events. Planned activities on September 18th - 22nd include a webinar panel of experts and a day of service at the Flint Farmer’s Market.
Sign up for virutal webinars here.
Focusing on air quality awareness in the Flint community, a proposal submitted by the Student Advisory Board received a 2023 Student Champions for Climate Justice Award from the American Public Health Association (APHA). Learn more about how climate change affects air quality and the health of vulnerable communities during these free events organized by the students.
Schedule of Events
Monday, September 18th
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Tuesday September 19th, 2023
- Student Advisory Board (SAB) Q&A Social Media Blast
- Join the conversation by sending in questions about the connection between climate change, air pollution, health outcomes, and health inequities using #ClimateChangesHealth. SAB members will be posting answers via their Instagram.
Wednesday September 20th
6:00 – 7:00 PM
- Virtual Panel Discussion: Air Quality and Climate Change
- Dr. Robert Wahl, DVM, MS - Charles Stewart Mott Department of Public Health Professor
- Mona Monroe-Younis - Executive director of Environmental Transformation Movement of Flint
- Dr. Robert P. Glandon, PhD, MS - Charles Stewart Mott Department of Public Health Professor
Thursday September 21st, 2023
12:00 – 3:00 PM